Thursday, August 4, 2011

I shall wear midnight - Terry Pratchett

I love the discworld series although most of the major plot points are immensely forgettable - though it does not matter in the least. The joy of reading the discworld series is that you read it, you feel good, you chuckle, you grin and sometimes you laugh outright loud and scare whoever is sitting next to you. Terry Pratchett is a treasure and has helped me through many a bad client, grumpy husband, end of mad chaotic day and PMS's. The Unseen University, the witches, trolls, Ankh Morpork, Captain Carrot, the mud river, the magic, the food, the entire world inside his head is so relatable yet so fantastic. I shall wear midnight is my current favourite. It has Tiffany the witch, who is one of my favourite characters. It has the feegles and it has a wedding and funeral together. It doesn't have DEATH, who is another one of my favourites and if you are thoroughly confused by now, read the book, I strongly advice you, and you will be pleasantly confused.


No comments: